Dieser Beitrag ist auch auf Deutsch vorhanden.
A pencil case is such a quick and easy project and if you add a coloring book (for kids or adults) and some pens you have the perfect present for any occasion. Let me show you how to sew your own pencil case.
- 2x main fabric 8 3/4 ” x 4 1/4″
- 2x lining fabric 8 3/4 ” x 4 1/4″
- 4x iron-on interfacing 8 3/4 ” x 4 1/4″
- zipper (at least 8 3/4 ” long
- Cut your pieces and iron the interfacing on each of the fabric pieces.
2. Shorten the zipper so that it’s the same length as the fabric rectangles. Secure the zipper end with some stitches. 3. Lay the zipper right side down along the top of the outer fabric. Pin it in place (or use wondertape as I do). Open the zipper. 4. Lay the lining fabric on top of the outer fabric / zipper bundle with right sides down. Make sure that the upper edges of outer and inner fabric as well as of the zipper band match. Pin the lining in place. 5. Stitch the zipper in place using your zipper foot. Lift your presser foot when you reach the zip and pull the zip to the back underneath the presser foot. 6. Topstitch through all layers (main fabric, zipper tape, lining fabric). Use a longer stitch length and a threadcolor that matches your lining fabric in the bobbin. 7. Repeat this for the second side of the zipper band. First pin the main fabric right sides together to the zipper band. 8. Turn the whole thing around so that the zipper is on top. Open the zipper. 9. Lay the lining fabric with the right side down on top of the zipper. Pin. 10. Sew the zipper in place. 11. Topstitch through all layers from the right side. 12. You now need to lay the outer and lining fabrics right sides together, respectively, with the (open!!!) zipper in between. Pin them together. 13. Sew all aroung the edge (seam allowance 3/8″), leaving 4″ open in the lining part. 14. Turn the pencil case right side out and close the opening by hand or edgestitch with your machine. Enjoy your new pencil case!