Dieser Beitrag ist auch auf Deutsch vorhanden.
I do love me some colour – and so do my kids. Thus, I sewed two shirts for them that play with the color-blocking trend. Well, is it still a trend? Many people might already be over it, but I still like it!
My daughter wears the Julia sweater by Compagnie M. This one I sewed already before I went to Abilmente while I was trying out all of the different patterns. My version of the sweater is inspired by this and this colorblocked versions. I love how the sweater came together. That tunnel pocket is just soo much fun. Unfortunately, I didn’t have enough of the purple jersey left and had to add a pink waistband. Once I have some new purple jersey in my stash, I might unpick the pink one and instead add a purple one. That one I would then also cut a little bit wider. I guess the pink jersey isn’t stretchy enough and adding it to the sweater was thus not that easy and there are some parts in the back where I’m not entirely satisfied with the result. Plus it is quite close-fitting on my slim but not super-skinny girl and tends to move upwards. Nonetheless I love the sweater itself. I like the bold colors and the fun cut.
However, when I layed my pieces out, all the red was just too much for me. I needed something to tone it down a little bit. Plus I wanted to hack the flashback a little bit. To do so, I first cut the red sleeves to short sleeves and hemmed them, then I cut two longsleeves in this blueish color. I then added both of them at the same time to the t-shirt (be careful to have the short sleeve sandwiched between the body of the shirt and the longsleeve while pinning). For the hood I traced another hood of J that fits him well and added a little part at the front where I wanted it to slightly overlap. I cut 2 mirror images of the hoodie piece from the fabric, both from the red and from the blueish jersey. Then I sewed each hoodie (along the curved edge, RST, make sure to clip the SA in the curves) and then the two hoodies RST along the front seam. I then pinned the hood to the neckline without stretching, starting at the back middle and making sure to overlap symmetrically in the front (outer hoodie RST with t-shirt). Then I sewed it on.